How to Install POSIM as a Server on Windows
This article will outline the steps necessary for installing POSIM for the first time on Windows.
1. Ensure you meet the System Requirements (Link)
2. Download POSIM on your Server or main computer (Link)
3. Double click “POSIMEVOSETUP.exe” and you will be presented with a Setup Wizard. Press Next, Accept the license agreement, Next, Next, Next, Next. Then you will see the following.
When all the files have been copied you will see the following.
4. Press Finish and POSIM will launch. You will see the following.
5. Choose Server and press OK. You will see the following.
The Server Software (MySQL) will now install. When it is finished you will see the following.
6. Choose “New Database” if you want to install a blank database. Choose “Sample Database” if you want to install a sample database. Choose “Other” if you want to restore from a backup database.
For this example, we will choose “New Database” and press OK. Then you will see the following.
This will install the blank database and POSIM will restart when it is done. Then you will see the following.
7. Type in a Username and Password for your POSIM administrator account and press OK. Then you will see the following.
8. Type a name for this computer and press Okay. At this point, POSIM is installed successfully and ready to use.