There may come many different times where you find that you have some corruption in your database, an error informing you that you will need to rebuild or data is just not looking correct. In these events, we always recommend that you rebuild your database. This tech tip will walk you through the steps of completing just such a process. Please note you will need to shut down the POSIM applications running on the other computers. With that in mind, you will not be able to run POSIM while the rebuild is taking place. Also, you must backup your database before beginning. If you’re not sure about the steps required for that, see the associated tech tip to walk you through those steps.
Rebuilding POSIM Diamond Database (Mac)
- Quit out of all the POSIM applications
- Quit out of POSIM Share Server.
- Open your POSIM Diamond Folder. **Note, by default it is located in the root of your hard drive, but can also be found in your Applications Folder. It greatly depends on where you installed it to.
- Now, open the application called Supervisor Tools. There will not be any Application Bar, like the other programs have, but you will see in the Top Left corner of the screen the application name has changed to Supervisor Tools.
- In the Supervisor Tools click on File and choose Rebuild Database.
- A new window will appear with different table selections you can choose to rebuild. Unless otherwise directed, please press the button for Rebuild All. This will ensure that you are rebuilding all the data to ensure conformity throughout the database.
- The program will prompt you on where you wish to save your rebuilt database. Please save it to somewhere that you will be able to locate easily again. The rebuild will begin.
- This will take some time, depending on the size of your database and the speed of your computer. We have no estimate on how long, so it’s suggested that you get yourself a cup of coffee and a snack. If it finishes quickly, you still have your cup of coffee and a snack.
- Once the rebuild is done the system will inform you. Press Done and the Rebuild Window will disappear. Now you’ll need to quit out of Supervisor Tools by pressing the bold Supervisor Tools wording in the top left and selecting Quit.
- Now you’ll need to locate the location where you saved your rebuilt database and copy it by highlighting the file and pressing Command and C (⌘+C). This will copy the database.
- Next, go into your POSIM Diamond Folder, then go into the POSIM Data folder. You’ll need to highlight the current POSIM_DB file and rename it to something different, like POSIM_DBold
- Now paste your rebuilt database into there by pressing Command and V (⌘+V).
- You’re done. Start your POSIM Share Server and get your business underway.